Friday, May 17, 2013

Bedroom Serene

So, I said I would be back soon. I'm actually kind of behind on the posting. The original plan was to work on one project at a time. You all know me though, that wasn't going to happen. However, I think the initial wave of OMG! I just want to decorate is simmering down. I seem to be able to focus a bit more now. I had a friend today ask me what I was working on now? I just moved into a house. You can pretty much assume I will always be working on something. So, on to the good stuff...I finished my first room! I did the bedroom and master bathroom. Now, the bedroom actually wasn't much of an undertaking. Like I said last post, I started redecorating months ago. The bedroom was one of those rooms. Actually the bedroom has been in the works for awhile. It all started when I decided I wanted a new bed. That of course was the focal point. Everything else went from there. Most of the stuff in the bedroom I already had. I only added a few things to complete the look and feel. 

 So, once again my wonderful bed. I'm still in love with this piece. (Until I stub my toe on one of those legs...MAN...it takes me out for a minute.)

 


Now, in this room I have a ceiling fan. So, my plan of adding 2 bedside lamps didn't make a lot of sense anymore. I still wanted the big regal bedside situation though. The main pieces that you'll find on both sides is the tall piece. Honestly I wasn't sure what was going to go there. I just looked around and kept an open mind. I was in Pier 1, and saw the 2 clear pieces. The glass actually has a cracked look. Much more interesting in person. The picture just doesn't do it justice. Once I brought them home though they weren't quite tall enough. So what did I do? I went to my store. The silver balls are really candle holders I used to have on my coffee table. Way to repurpose...GO ME! I added the picture of my mom and I and my cherub box I got when I was in Paris. The pinkish/red globe is the only new thing. I got it from Hobby Lobby during my first home shopping spree. I felt I needed some sort of color.
.  


This is a painting I did a while back. I did one originally for my phone cover. Then decided I wanted a bigger version. The shelf under that is from the greatest store ever (well next to Target)...The Container Store. People, if you have never been inside the Container Store, your life is just not complete.I got this a while back when they had a sale. I didn't know where to put it in the old place so I just kept it in the package. The intention was for it to always end up in the bedroom though. On top of that is my queen chess piece. 











The last project in the bedroom was a perfume tray. I bought an old picture frame from goodwill, and spray painted it black. I put a mirror inside to give it that sexy glam look. 


In the process the master bathroom got done too. I actually have a nice bathroom. Everyone's favorite part is my bathtub. I'm not really a tub person though. I don't have the patience to sit that long while doing nothing. I'm going to try and embrace it though. I have definitely gotten used to the stand in shower. I originally was not a fan. For one, I don't like drains under my feet. Gives me the creeps, and after seeing the movie "IT" by Stephen King, that was a wrap. I avoid them at all costs. The ones at the pool are even worst. They're just gross. I was also afraid of it feeling a little claustrophobic, but you know I've grown to really like it. It's more roomy in there than it looks, and I added a bath mat over the drain to ease my anxiety.

The inspiration for the room was a hot pink bath towel and my new soap dispenser. 

The soap dispenser and the towel were not necessarily in the same color family so the other accessories had to some how bring them together. My favorite part of the bathroom though is...wait for it...my drawer dividers!!!!!


I LOVE them! I'm so excited about these, I don't know what to do with myself. The inside of the drawers are just plain white. I put my stuff in, but it just looked jumbled to me. I thought about just buying some. However, I could not find any that fit in exactly. So, I made my own. They were really easy too. I just use posterboard and some sort of decorative paper for the inside. This time I happened to be in Marshalls and came across adhesive shelf liner. SCORE! It's big in size and adhesive. I was originally going for a more girly pattern, but when I saw this I actually liked it.
Can I just say though ever since I moved, I've been in Homegoods/Marshalls/TJ Maxx a lot. They really have some nice things for good prices. Almost better than Target or Walmart in some cases. I just never paid that much attention before. Now I am.

Well, I think that is enough for you all to take in for one post. Until the next time....On the the next project!


No comments:

Post a Comment